GEM Genesys Aiuto

• alextpp5
  • Membro: Guest
  • Risp: 4
  • Loc:

08-08-20 17.47

Hello, I can't speak Italian but I don't know where I can talk about Gem arrangers on the internet.
I already posted about my other Gem keyboards in this forum many times, but nobody ever cared to answer me :(

GOOGLE TRANSLATE ----->

835/5000
Ho appena acquistato una tastiera GEM Genesys "S" (con gli altoparlanti) (mi piacciono le tue tastiere italiane! :))

Il sito Web di GEM è inattivo da molti anni fa e non riesco a vedere da nessuna parte su Internet dove posso ottenere aiuto per le mie tastiere GEM.

Il mio sistema operativo Genesis è del 2002 e penso che dopo questo ci sia stato un sistema operativo più recente. Ma non riesco a trovare il nuovo sistema operativo su Internet !! Da nessuna parte.

Inoltre, so che Genesys XP è stato fornito con un disco rigido da 20 Gb con nuovi stili e nuovi suoni? Ancora una volta, non riesco a trovare il sito web dove posso scaricarlo.

So che Gem ha chiuso molto tempo fa, ma trovo che sia assurdo che nessuno sembri preoccuparsi di queste tastiere oggigiorno. Qualche giorno fa ho trovato la mia WK6 per 150 euro e la mia Genesys allo stesso prezzo. Questo è un valore molto buono. Solo, vorrei sapere dove posso trovare i file mancanti.

Grazie per l'aiuto !

ORIGINAL ENGLISH ------------>

I've just bought a GEM Genesys "S" (with the speakers) keyboard (I like your Italian keyboards ! :) )

GEM's website is down since many years ago, and I can't see anywhere on the internet where I can get help for my GEM keyboards.

My Genesis OS is from 2002, and I think there has been newer OS after this. But I can't find the new OS on the internet !! Nowhere.

Also, I know the Genesys XP came with a 20Gb hard drives with new styles and new sounds ? Once again, I can't find website where I can download this.

I know that Gem has closed a long time ago, but I find that it is crazy that nobody seems to care about these keyboards nowdays. I found my WK6 for 150 euros, and my Genesys for the same price a few days ago. This is very good value. Just, I would like to know where I can get the missing files.

Thank's for the help !
  • divicos
  • Membro: Expert
  • Risp: 912
  • Loc: Aquila

08-08-20 18.41

alextpp5 ha scritto:
I already posted about my other Gem keyboards in this forum many times, but nobody ever cared to answer me :(

I’m sorry about that.
I’m personally useless to you, since I’ve never owned Gem keyboards.
But I really hope this time you will find the help you deserve, surely someone on this forum could answer.
Good luck, and have a nice day!
emo
  • maxpiano69
  • Membro: Staff
  • Risp: 24497
  • Loc: Torino

08-08-20 18.52

HI and welcome to this forum Alex,

unfortunately GEM closed many years ago and has now been acquired (as brand and assets) by Soundyon, a Finnish company https://www.generalmusic.com, you may try to contact them and ask if they have and can provide what you are looking for.

There used to be also some independent web sites hosting GEM files after it closed, but even if you search and find links over the web, most if not all of them seem to have been put offline (abandoned/removed)...
  • alextpp5
  • Membro: Guest
  • Risp: 4
  • Loc:

09-08-20 01.56

Thank you, both of you, for the kind words !
I will try to send an email to this generalmusic website and hope that they can help.

This Genesys is really a nice keyboard, it absolutely surpasses my Yamaha PSR S650 which was released many years after ... (though it is not a high end keyboard like the Genesys).

For those interested (and if you can read English), here is my impressions of the Gem Genesys over the Gem WK6/8, I have both of them now :

Both WK6/8 and Genesys seem to share the same engine, probably the same motherboard and electronic parts. Except that the WK6/8 sounds very LO/FI but the Genesys sounds a LOT better. And this is not only due to the better audio output system (speakers are far better), but the digital converters of the Genesys are also a lot better.
I spent some times to hear the same identical styles on the WK and the Genesys, and the last keyboard from Gem easily wins. The sound of the Genesys is crystal clear, where the WK sounds very muffled.

- A lot of the Genesys menus are identical to the WK series, but many great additions make the user experience a lot better. There are also more direct access buttons on the panel too.
- The keybed is also a lot better than the one used on my WK6. It is the same Fatar TP/9, but the Genesys has weighted keys and I find it to be a huge improvement.
- The two pitch bend and modulation wheels are a far better idea than the old Gem tennis ball. They are well designed and very sturdy, they just look professional.
- The screen is, once again, a huge improvement over the one on the WK6/8. Even if it is only black and white, the contrast is a lot better and then it is more readable and enjoyable.

On the less good side, the panel push buttons are still very hard to push, I really don't like that and I prefer a lot the lightweight buttons of my PSR S650.

Though the Genesys is a good improvement over the WK series, it came 4 years after the WK8, I find that GEM haven't done enough with its last keyboard series. The Genesys really looks too much like a WK8 but with a better design. In fact the Genesys IS a WK8 for most of the electronic parts. Just a few parts (but hopefuly the most important ones) where improved, the software was improved too. But it looks, really really, as Gem could have come with the Genesys at the same time they released the WK8. (The Yamaha PSR9000 was released only a year after the WK8, if you know what I mean ...).